Tuesday, October 04, 2005

I miss you already

This weekend was good. I knew I missed home... but I didn't really realize how much. In fact, I'm sitting here trying not to cry... home is where the heart is, huh? I love you guys more than you know. Being away from home has been one of the biggest growing experiences of my life so far... and I haven't even been gone that long. God continues to stretch me and pour His grace out on my life with every waking moment. I'm learning so much, but I have so much to learn. I can't even imagine what He has in store for us as His children... how amazing is it that we get to be a part of the story of the Almighty most Holy, Everlasting, Unfailing God of all that is and all that ever will be? You know, we always say the God of the Universe, but even that is an understatement. The universe cannot contain our God. I'm listening to my new Robbie Seay CD that I got in the mail today (Thank you, Paul :) )....
I will arise and go to Jesus
He will embrace me in His arms
And in the arms of my dear Savior
Oh, there are ten thousand charms....
Thank you guys for helping me have an awesome weekend... yay for parties, for Smallville, for birthdays, for orthodontist appointments (though my teeth still hurt.... grrr.... ). Yay for friends! You guys have no idea how much I value you. Being at youth was really encouraging.... God is gonna use all of you to do amazing things to further His kingdom. He is a God who answers prayers... and I sincerely believe that the youth group shows that there is hope in a dark world. You guys rock. Thank you for allowing Christ to take hold of your hearts and transform them... I have been realizing lately how shallow of a person I am... how I run away from a lot of things that I don't understand instead of wrestling with them... I want to know Christ in a deeper, richer, fuller way... I want to struggle through the things I don't understand and grow in my faith... I want Him to be bigger in me.... "He must become greater I must become less"- John 3:30...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen, Amen, Amen...... And of course I want to spend Turkey day with you. I missed it lot's last year. I need somewhere to go cause well.. yea, my family has many plans if you know what I mean. I love you lil SIS!

Jenshka said...

It was great to see you. I have missed watching Smallville, but as good as the show is, and as hot as Tom Welling is, it cannot compare to Lost :-) Love ya!