Tuesday, October 25, 2005

May our hearts be broken

"Train me God to walk straight;
then I'll follow Your true path.
Put me together, one heart and mind;
then, undivided, I'll worship you in joyful fear"
Psalm 86:11

Jesus, You are good. You are merciful, pure, loving, true, gracious, just, abundant, unquenchable, unstoppable, unchangeable, amazing, awe-inspiring, righteous, perfect, holy, incredible, faithful, the giver of hope, my rock, my refuge, my redeemer, my friend, my love, my stronghold, my creator, my all in all, my awesome God. Yes, You are. And yet, I lose sight of that. I let Satan convince me that I should be "in control", that I should get to live my life the way I please, the way that "brings me satisfaction". But all that happens is I find disappointment, because I am weak without You, hopeless without You, desperate for Your truth. You are all I need. Lord, help me to embrace who You are and who I am in You. I want to worship You in joyful fear, undivided Lord, completely consumed by You. Lord, you have said that if Your people, who are called by Your name, will humble themselves and pray, then Lord, You will come, and You will forgive, and You will heal our land. God, our hearts are breaking. Lord, restore Your people in Your truth. May Your name be exalted above all. May only You be praised. Break us, Lord. Make us who You want us to be.

Break our hearts, oh God
Break our hearts
Break our hearts, oh God
Break our hearts


For the sin in our lives

Break our hearts

For the sin in our land
Break our hearts


We cry out, we need Your help

Come back to our land
We confess, we've lived in sin
Please show Your power Once again




3 comments:

jess said...

Tamara, I think that should be a prayer for all of us. That is a prayer that everyone should hear.
Love ya! ;-)

Lori said...

you are so precious. Thank you for being you; it means a lot to me. your e-mails make me smile and I hope you are able to get through on the phone soon. :o)

Anonymous said...

Tamara, another thing you pray for about me would be that I oculd somehow bring up my average in geometry. It is a 70 and I am giving it everything I have! Just pray that I do good in school in general. (please?)

Jessica