Friday, August 12, 2005

Life is Good....

It's so hard to believe that I only have 4 full days left before I leave for Baylor... whoa... sometimes I wish time would slow down. I've had an amazing week just spending time with people that I love so much. I'm gonna miss you guys! Let's see... Sunday, what a great day. After church, Shannon went to lunch with me and my family and then she and I went to the new Target (great place) and shopped for fun stuff and then went to my house and watched Raise your Voice... a very good movie. I rented and watched it by myself and really liked it and have spread the love to a few people... ;-) Then youth was awesome at Crenshaw... I love bowling, though I'm not good at it, and pool... wow, really not good at that... but it was tons of fun just hanging out with everybody. Then Diane and Lerah and Kenley came to my house and we watched Aladdin. I love that movie, and I love those people. Monday, went to lunch with Lauren, I love you chika! It's so cool to me how we can just pick up where we left off in our friendship... no matter how many weeks it's been since we've talked... though it's never too long, a lot can happen in a few weeks, and with us living in completely different places... things change. But yah, that was fun... then Monday night my family began practicing for our big hit for Sunday (we're gonna try and be black, people... hehe)... so we practiced for awhile and then Kenley had to go do some stuff for Real Estate life so I went with him... well that turned into an adventure... these people live out in the middle of nowhere let me tell you... it was really sketchy... but then we went to see Matt and Lindsay Morrow's house in Quincy (the neighbors probly thought we were robbing the house cause it was like 10:30 and we were going through their house with flashlights) and went back and forth from Quincy to my house multiple times picking up and returning Sale signs from houses... Needless to say, Kyle was watching Raise Your Voice when we dropped my mom back at the house before returning to Quincy again and Kenley decided he wanted to watch it when we got back... so I watched the movie again with him... at like 12am... that was fun. Tuesday... breakfast with Mom, she's the best ever... dentist appointment (they were not very nice to my mouth)... work... lunch with Kenley... work... shopping with Mom... and home... Wednesday, babysitting, lunch with Ted from school... that was cool, cause I haven't seen anyone from school since graduation except Nicole and Ted rocks... and he bought me lunch... awesome. Then I went to work and afterwards I went and picked up Erica F. ( I LOVE YOU!!) and we went and got ice cream and talked and went to Wal-Mart and bought cool stuff for my dorm room (which is gonna be stinkin' awesome by the way). Then we went to church and orchestra... Can you tell my life has been busy this week?? Well, finally, today (well, Thursday)... I got to sleep in, no work, hallelujah... and then I went to lunch and went shopping with James (you rock, kid) which also meant more free food for me (thank you :) )... I bought a phone for my room and he got a new cell phone... we talked a lot and just had a good time... thanks, James. Then, he went to work, I went to Target to shop for a baby gift... but they didn't have what I was looking for so sad day, I walked through the rain for nothing... oh well. I came home and worked on packing some more and then we had dinner and practiced more for our song Sunday... Kenley and I had fun dancing to it... Hehehehe... Then, family game of Scattergories, funny stuff... my dad tried to get away with "Giant Lizards" as an excuse for being late and "Gravity" as a thing you find in a park... he was tired... laughing so hard he was crying... pretty dang funny... though Kyle's "gift" of pretty pink polka dot panties was pretty funny too... I love my family, can you tell? So... those are my last 5 days, the condensed version... Now it's actually Friday, time for me to start thinking about sleeping so I can get up later today... I'm telling you, time flies... I just want you all to know that I love you very much and value the friendships I have with each of you. This summer has been such an amazing blessing to me in the area of friendship... You all rock! It is so exciting to watch as God uses you in ways that I couldn't even imagine if I tried... Thank you for bringing such joy and depth to my life... I don't know where I'd be without you!

2 comments:

Jenshka said...

You can't leave me!

Rebekah said...

we will miss you... and yes I agree with the title of your blog because... well, toilet paper begins with a "T" and that is a very good thing!
-Bekah, but for now... "Tekah"