Saturday, August 20, 2005

Craziness...

It was only yesterday that I got to Baylor?? What? It seems like it's been so long... there's just been so much going on. We've had so many opportunities to meet people and stuff. Right now there are guys outside serenading our dorm... this is the fourth group I think. We can hear them from our room loud and clear. They are singing My Girl... Mabel and I just came in from outside cause we are so tired... they sound pretty good. Haha... the first group that came was from Penland, I think the biggest guys dorm... and they were great and I got a flower from one guy :) Alright, these guys have the best sound system thus far for sure... this is a fun tradition at Baylor, I like being sung to (any of you guys are welcome to take the hint). The guys sing and do some cheer for their dorm and then they all come and mingle and introduce themselves and stuff... fun. I can't accurately describe it. I love how Baylor is so full of spirit and traditions. Everyone loves this school. I definitely love it.

6 comments:

Calyn said...

You're already getting flowers? Wow, that was quick. :0) I love you Tamara and I'm glad you're having a great time!

James Morrow, Secretary General of United Nations said...

you know what.. wow, i don't even know... T give me a break, and no i am not gonna sing for you.

Tamara said...

James, is somebody bitter?? ;-)

Jenshka said...

I'm so excited for you. It sounds awesome. It sounds like there are a lot of fun traditons and stuff. I bet it's really cool. And guys serenading you...gotta love it!

Tamara said...

alright now, I didn't say I had a man... I just got a flower... haven't seen the guy since so rest assured... ;-)

Jenshka said...

Hey, I know you called my cell phone earlier, but it's screwed up and I can't make or recieve calls from it, but I can still see when someone's calling. My new one is in the mail, but you can call me at home.