Thursday, August 18, 2005

I'm here!

Wow, I can't believe I'm here... at Baylor... in my room... with my awesome roommate. Today has been exhausting so far, but fun in many ways. We left Dallas around 6 am or so, stopped at Sonic on the way, and entered the world of Baylor around 8 am. I met Mabel and her parents and we started tackling our room almost instantly... it's so much fun. I love all the color, and we aren't even done yet. We made a Walmart trip to get all the finishing touches for our room... though we will probably think of many things throughout the next week that we forgot. Mabel and I searched the whole music building before we found the sign up sheet for choir auditions... that was pretty funny, three different people told us "where to go" before we found it. Our parents left (and Kevin, too), and they did a good job, only a few tears as they walked away, though I'm sure many more came after they left. I love you, Mom and Dad! It's just so weird... it doesn't feel like we are here yet. But we are! Our suitemate is the CL (Community leader, basically the Baylor version of an RA), so we only have three people sharing a bathroom, rock on! Mabel and I are both really tired so we came back to the room after the picnic on the Quadrangle to rest before all the other crazy stuff planned for tonight. So... I'm pretty much about to go take a nap... I love you guys!

2 comments:

Jenshka said...

Yea! You made it. It sounds like exhausting fun. I hope everything is going good. I'll be praying for you, in the coming weeks especially. I love you!

Rebekah said...

Hey Tamara, have fun! I am sending you a package in the mail... so be waiting! haha!
-Bekah