Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy 2006

Honestly, sometimes I get frustrated with New Year's resolutions... it's like we try and muster up our strength and do better, as if we have the power to overcome our weaknesses by shear determination... like the little engine that could or something. The new year for me is a reminder that I can't do it on my own, no matter how hard I grit my teeth... Christ is responsible for anything pure and good that I do, and it is when I'm not living in surrender to Him that I fail... because without Him, it's impossible. I think most of us can testify that we only stick to our resolutions for a few weeks, maybe a few months, before we mess up and give up because we don't think we can do it anymore and we don't see the use anyway... I love to set goals and to prayerfully seek out what God wants me to pursue and then prayerfully allow Him to make those goals either reality or something that I no longer desire because He doesn't desire it... did that even make sense? I like to set goals for short periods and long periods... for example, in January I want to share Christ with a friend from school, get involved in the preschool/children's ministry at Highland, and research about US government more because I never took the course in school... long term goals, I want to work with Student Life for Kids or some other Christian kids organization the summer after my sophomore year, I want to finish my undergrad degree in 3 1/2 years or less, finish seminary/grad school in a year and half, either study abroad or go on a semester long mission trip after I finish school... I have lots of dreams, and then I make goals in order to make those dreams practical and part of reality rather than fantasy... I am totally rambling...

In other news, I had a great week with my family in Texas! I got to see most of my dad's family and my mom's family... what a blessing. My sister in law had an appointment on Friday and found out she's having... GIRLS :o) Yay!! We are all super excited. We had an early birthday party for Camron while we were there, it's hard to believe he'll be 2 on Saturday. He brings so much joy into my life... screaming "Tay-Tay" through the house and running full speed to find me, take my hand and command me to "walk" with him to whatever it is that he wants me to join him in... he's absolutely adorable and I haven't found anyone who denies it. We watched an entire season of 24 over the week (well, two episodes we rented and watched last night after we got home)... good show, but sheesh, everybody dies... my mom's sister's family is addicted so they hooked us in, they're a few seasons ahead of us though... Kenley and I rented the last of Smallville that is available so we can finish that up before I leave too. My week is filling up fast, as I expected... but it will be fun. It's weird to even think of going back to school. Hopefully next semester will fly like this one did. Alright, enough from me... eventually I'll put some pics up from the trip and my visit home... but that may just have to wait until I get back to Waco... love you all!

4 comments:

James Morrow, Secretary General of United Nations said...

hmm.... research the US government... Rofl! you are one funny kid! thats why i love you.. :)

James Morrow, Secretary General of United Nations said...

Heh! and you post the same thing twice! thats even better! =)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great break. I can say..Smallville is an awesome show. My brother and I try to watch that whenever we can. Love u!
You are awesome!

Jessica

Anonymous said...

Hey btw, not to be rude or anything, but you posted the same entry twice. Just saying the truth in love!

Love u!

Jessica