Monday, January 23, 2006

Quote of the day: "Red Vines and Cupcakes: They're Crazy Delicious"

I was sitting and thinking about squirrels after James' request that I make a post about a squirrel the other day and pondering why I had not seen the usual squirrels on campus. I don't know where the thought came from but I looked at Mabel and said "Do squirrels go into hibernation?" I mean, I didn't think they did really, but I couldn't figure out where they would have gone since we've been back from Christmas break. So Mabel and I being the nerdy honors students that we are decided to look it up. We discovered that squirrels are active year long but do stay in their homes in trees and such if it is exceptionally cold/wet, which explains why we haven't seen them since we've been back. Well, then, yesterday afternoon (well, Saturday afternoon since it is technically Monday morning right now), we encountered a campus squirrel. He was avidly searching for some nut he had buried in the location, and he was making these really freaky clicking noises and glaring at us as I was taking pictures of him with my phone (and dying laughing might I add), all the while being a little freaked out by the noises he was making. Anyways, so there you have it, a post about squirrels... we actually have a lot of squirrel stories at Baylor.... my friend Chris even wrote a paper about them! I think my favorite story though is this one: Some bright Baylor boys captured a squirrel and attempted to keep him as a pet. However, after only including Blueberry Muffins and Cinnamon Toast Crunch in the squirrel's diet, the squirrel's health began to decline. In a panic, the students called 911 to try and get help for the squirrel. The operator was highly upset with them for calling about something that was not an emergency and in irritation gave them the number for a veterinarian. When they had the squirrel checked out, the students were told that they should only feed squirrels nuts and berries... the students ended up setting the squirrel free, but then later recaptured the same squirrel, and that is all I know. Crazy College people!! I will make a more legitimate post in the near future, but hopefully this one will have at least made you laugh and shake your head at the crazy things that I think up. Hope you are having an amazing day :) "Let all the earth fear the LORD; let all the people of the world revere him. " ~Psalm 33:8~ Even squirrels were made to fear the LORD!

5 comments:

James Morrow, Secretary General of United Nations said...

Thanks for the squirrel post hun! your a funny one.. :o) (I made that face there just for you) ok well peace out and all that.. Love you

Anonymous said...

Very nice...Love you!

Anonymous said...

tamara, my dear, that squirrel died =/

jess said...

Very funny. I did not know you were that intersted in squirrels. Just Kidding!

Jessica

jess said...

Your squirrel story is lifting my spirits:-)
even though I am sick :-(