Monday, January 16, 2006

Week of Wonders...

So, I've been back a week, and today's a holiday... yippee :) It's been a busy week. So, here are some pics to catch you up...
First, the Lady Bears basketball game against OSU on Wednesday, the ladies of course kicked butt! Those are the games that I like to go to...
Yah, cheer em on girls

Go Bears go!
That's my child in 10 years ;o)

This weekend Mabel and I decided to go to Dallas since we had an extra day. The trip there was obnoxious because we got stuck in traffic for a long time... but we had fun

My radio was not working and the plan was to fix it while we were in Dallas... so, we wouldn't have music on the way there. So, we rigged up a ghetto system so we could have some tunes... though it wasn't even close to being as loud as we like it. We had some great conversation, though... so I think God had a plan in blowing the radio, eh? Oh, and yes, I did fix the radio while we were there... very proud :o)

Yah, now that's more like what I look like every day... hahahahahaha... hair pulled up somewhat, sweatshirt, eating chocolate, and driving... oh yes ;o)

Mabel painted her nails on the way there... she didn't quite finish her toes... hehehe

Friday night we babysat Camron so Kris and Christina could go out. He loves Mabel of course and so was dragging both of us around and having a blast. He calls her Be-bel... it's so cute. I'm so blessed to have been able to spend time with my precious nephew since I've been in Texas. My passion for children continues to grow and being a part of his life in a more significant way has encouraged me to continue seeking to love kids with Christ's unconditional love and show them that He created them for an amazing purpose. It's amazing what God can use to teach you things.
Saturday we went to an Indian basketball tournament that Mabel knew a bunch of people at... we went and hung out at their hotel in between their games and showed off our Catch Phrase skills and other stuff... we learned a new game called Watermelon... fun times.
In front of the beautiful cascading water wall with my gorgeous roomie


Dane doesn't want to be left out...

We went to dinner with Mabel's good friend Justin, talked forever, went to a movie, and then went back to catch some shut eye before getting up for church on Sunday... church was good. The pastor talked about God's will. I really liked what he had to say. He talked about a general will and specific will and how when we are focused on being in God's general will God reveals to us more about what His specific will for our individual lives is... I can definitely see that to be true in my life. I don't know if I'm accurately describing the essence of the message, but ask me questions if you want to know more.
Alright, now I know this post has been long, and I'm impressed if you made it all the way through. God continues to teach me so much with me being here so far away from home. I miss all of you in Tally-town and have you in my prayers. Please keep me in your prayers that I will grow more and more in love with my Savior every day and that He will be glorified in every aspect of my life. I hope you all had an amazing weekend! I know I still haven't posted pics from being home... I posted them on Facebook for all of you college peeps who are interested... there are so many, so I will try and pick some and post them before too long. Love ya :o)

*Being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."* -Philippians 1:6

5 comments:

James Morrow, Secretary General of United Nations said...

Hey hey hey! ok check this out.. I'm sitting here doing this, Ian is watching March of the Penguins, and hmm well nbody else id really doing anything.. ;-) so i got that bow worked down most of the way, and it is looking S0o beautiful! cept it is like 60lbs.. =/ draw weight that is. :) hehe, so ya thats how strong the bows I shoot are.. so my lil bro foe sho isn't gomnna be able to.... but I'll get it worked out I think.. ;)
ok yeah.. those are some pretty 'tight' pics there... i thik you and Mabel should be like models or something... :) yeah ok buh-bye

jess said...

It sounds like you have had a great day. Cameron looks so cute in pics! I feel the same ways about kids too. They however, don't feel the same way about me. Love u. Hope 2 talk to ya soon!

Jessica

James Morrow, Secretary General of United Nations said...

Ok...Ya I think it is definatly time for a new post hun.. :)I think you should talk about a squirrel in your next post... that would be fun...FUN fun fu...... yeah anyways.. loves

James Morrow, Secretary General of United Nations said...

Ummm Nicole.... i must burst your bubble, by telling you that I infact had already written squirrel, and spelled it right, but i was askin for confermation, because it looked odd to me... sorry to let ya down in thinking that you actually informed me of the correct spelling.. ;) just messin girly..ya know i love ya.. :) "lol"

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! I've missed ALOT being busy in Birmingham (B-ham lol*think about it 4 a while*)