Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Fingers and Toes

Yah, so it's 3:23 am Central time... that's 4:24 for all you Eastern time-zoners... I just finished my Spanish paper that's due tomorrow and I still need to read a story for class before I go to sleep... this week is proving already to be crazy. I have two tests on Thursday and I was supposed to have a project due that day as well, but my prof postponed it, "praise the Lord!". I have my Spanish paper due tomorrow, a paper topic for Great Texts due Friday... plus, I have a few mid-terms next week. Yikes. If everything works out I'm going to see some of my extended family with my bro and his fam this weekend. I'm excited about that :o) Gotta take advantage of being in the same state as my family for a change... hasn't been that way most of my life. Anyways... I spent Friday night through Monday evening at home and it was sooo refreshing. I love how when I'm at home it's almost as if I never left, nothing is awkward or uncomfortable, it's still home. James Morrow and I are now officially dating or courting or whatever term you would like to give it for all of those concerned with that ;o) That's definitely a big thing for me... for those of you who don't know, I've had a lot of strong convictions about dating for a long time. I wish that I could accurately communicate all that God has taught me through the years, but let me assure you, I'm definitely not one to enter into a relationship like this casually. As we have both prayerfully considered this we are choosing to move forward in our relationship and praying that as we both walk towards Christ we will talk towards each other. It's pretty awesome to be in a relationship that has Jesus as the focus. Keep us in your prayers, please, cause I know the enemy has every desire to dig his claws into genuine fellowship between God's children... praise the Lord that His light pierces the darkness!
"This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin." 1 John 1:5-7 The weekend was a lot of fun, hanging out with friends playing some intense Nerts and taking crazy flying pics, going to a beautiful wedding, having deep, meaningful conversation with two of my favorite guys in the world (that would be Kenley and James, I love you both! :o) ), getting lots of hugs from my Mommy and Daddy, sitting and talking with my amazing grandmother in her kitchen, etc. etc. My mom and I went and got manicures and pedicures on Monday... good stuff, I'd never gotten either done before aside from the may-as-well-be-professional services of my beloved Diane Ashburn :o) It was fun to be pampered... tho I definitely messed up my fingernails before I had even left the salon... figures. You can check the pics... So when I came back last night Mabel had cleaned the room and stuff... made me very happy. :o) She's the best, what can I say ;o) She's definitely sitting at her computer laughing hysterically right now... you would think she's a lunatic... oh, oh, the joy you bring to my life, my dear :o) She and I took some pics with the huge bear James gave me.. She's good at getting me distracted when I'm supposed to be doing homework...
OK, I really should get some sleep before I have to be in class in less than 5 hours... enjoy the few pics. Love you all and am praying for you faithfully. Let me know what's going on in your lives!!


















Alright, I'm not sure if these pics are gonna post right, but I'm not gonna stay up to fix em right now... love you all :o)

6 comments:

jess said...

Awesome! You have a boyfriend. My friend amber continues bug me about being single. As I much as I HATE it, I remind her that I am too busy for a boyfriend. I have music, songwriting, church, and schoolwork to think about right now. Besides, God will bring Mr. Right to me one day.

Lori said...

Precious Tes, I am always glad to read about what is going on in your world. Know that you are in my prayers and that I am excited about what God is doing in your life. I know that Jesus is excited about your ever evolving relationship with Him and I am too :o) Your pics of the flowers makes me smile and think of spring. The Ukrainians say "spring is on your nose." I hope that it is on ours too...The snow is beggining to melt (and it's really gross right now) but Magdych says it's supposed to get cold again..sad for us... :o(

James Morrow, Secretary General of United Nations said...

I'm so glad that you like the bear darling. :-) that makes me happy!
I am so thankful for the weekend that we got to spend together.(even tho we never really slept much.. ;-) but thats ok. you are in my constant thoughts and prayers, and I am so excited to see what God has in store for the two of us in the future!
Keep on puttign Him first, cause He is the only one who deserves such! I love you and am looking forward to seeing you soon. oh and meeting Mabel.. that should prove most fun.. ;-) hehe

Anonymous said...

ian, ian, ian...

Anonymous said...

that last one was from me... James. not sure why it would not load up as my blogger name tho... :-(

jess said...

Wow.............I so do not want to date for a while. I will look at the this relationship between you and james as the type of relationship I wanna be in. In, other words the relationship I will be in will be one that Christ has the focus. Most people say it sucks being single. I kinda like it. I can learn from other people that are dating and look at their relationships as example as to what my dating relationships should be. I can do all of that without have to learn from experience. How awesome is that? You're such an awesome sista in christ!!!

you sis in christ,

jessica