Thursday, March 30, 2006

Jello should not taste like beef

So I took a few bites of jello from the cafeteria and wasn't real happy with what the resulting flavor in my mouth was... jello shouldn't taste like some kind of beef casserole. That's just not ok. So I used my deductive reasoning to figure out how this could have happened... I know what type of pans they make the jello in, I fix the jello cups all the time at work (as a side note, cutting jello in a pan is really therapeutic). Well, they use those pans to hold pretty much anything they cook in that place, so I'm thinking that the flavor of the previous dish must not have been sufficiently washed from the pan before they filled it with jello. Result: nasty beef/barley/raspberry jello. Blegh. Based on my reasoning there Mabel would say something like: "Ah, that's why you're in the honors college!" I love that chick. Anyway, today has been a busy but good day. I made fruit pizza for my Bible study girls... yummy. I'd like to share with you all what has become my recent addiction.... color marking the Bible. Oh my goodness, we are doing an inductive Bible Study of the book of 1 John... I sit in class listening to my teachers lecture (I really do still listen, I listen better if I'm writing or something, otherwise my thoughts just wander... I seriously doubt that makes sense to you, but oh well) and have my printouts of 1 John and my box of pretty construction paper crayons and I colormark pretty much the whole time. It is so amazing to me how much you can glean from Scripture. There's always more there. I can't get enough of it. We had Bible Study tonight and it was good stuff. I was excited about sharing with them what God has been teaching me through studying the Word, and hearing from the other girls is always encouraging. Here's just a taste of some 1 John for you: "Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is." ~1 John 3:2 How amazing is that verse? We are children of God, heirs of His Kingdom, and we are continually being shaped to be more like Him... we won't fully know Him and be fully changed by His glory until we are face to face with Him... we don't even know what we will be like, because we will never fully know God until then! Something that I thought was awesome is that throughout 1 John there is repeatedly the two words "He is"... and it just triggered for me that when Moses asked God who he should tell the people gave him his assignment, "God said to Moses, "I am who I am . This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.' "" (Exodus 3:14)He is! There are so many attributes of God, and we will never know all of Him in this life, but how awesome, He is. God, You are. I praise I AM. One thing that God has been reassuring me of this week is that love is patient. There are so many people that I love that I want to see certain things happen for them in their lives now. I want to see Christ's power displayed through them, I want to see God deliver them from pain, I want them to turn back to their First Love... God is teaching me to wait on Him. To trust that His timing is perfect. To be patient with Him, to be patient with others. I love you. By the grace of God, my love for you is patient. I will trust and wait on the Lord for you, with you. Ok, I think that's enough from me today... I really should be writing a 6 page paper that is due tomorrow... I'll get to it ;o) . I pray blessings on all of you! Let me know what you're thinking! *smile*

Oh, and check me and Alisha out from when we went to the movies last weekend, aren't we cute? Hehehe....Oh one more thing, the fact that it was like 34 degrees here last week was not ok... Winter Weather at the end of March... not my preference to say the least... but it did give cause to wear my new Baylor hoodie and steal Chris' hat because he didn't match anyway ;o)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy V. and I were talking last night about how we listen best if we are drawing or coloring or writting something. I understand completly! I am so excited to hear what God is doing in your life right now. I realized the other day that all that I have been through and all that I have been learning is starting to be really real. I am learning so much right now and my hurt doesn't hurt as bad as much. God is good..

jess said...

Funny you should say that God is teaching you to wait on him. He is teaching me that too.

♥ Jessica

Lori said...

T, my dear, you are always cute :o)

jess said...

I understand the feeling of do something while do school to stay focused. I have to listen to music while I do my schoolwork.

jess said...

I am kinding wanting someone to grow and change now. I am going thru that sort of thing now.