Monday, April 10, 2006

Happy Birthday Mommy

I drove down to Perdido Key Beach on Friday to surprise my mom (as well as the rest of the family save Kenley) for the celebration of her 5oth birthday (it's ok, Mom, we know you're not old ;o) ). Even though I was only with them for about 20 hours, I was incredibly blessed through the time I spent with my family. Today is Mom's actual birthday.
Happy Birthday Mommy!! Thank you for being the incredible woman of God that you are and for loving me through all of life's twists and turns. Thank you for being a faithful friend in my life more than anything. I value you so much and wouldn't trade you for the world. Thank you for being you. :o)
The place where we stayed because of the graciousness of some friends was absolutely beautiful. I got there on Friday in time to go to dinner for Mom's birthday with everyone. We went to a yummy Italian place and then headed back to the condo to hang out. The guys and I went to find the game room to play a game of pool. Compared to the rest of the condo's facilities, the game room was ghetto. Not sure how that happened, but as Kenley put it, you practically have to go through the catacombs to get to the place and then you end up in this little painted concrete hole. We all definitely displayed that the Stringers were not created to be pool players, but we had fun anyway. Then, we returned to our 6th floor condo to watch Father of the Bride II. I love that movie :o) We all went to bed, I was out fast.... woke up the next morning and spent some time sitting on the balcony, drinking coffee, and talking to Mom, Dad brought doughnuts before long and the rest of the family decided that was worth getting up for... then Kenley, Kevin, and I hit the outdoor pool, the outdoor hot tub, and then the indoor pool.... then we'd worked up an appetite again so we went to get Mexican food, then came back and had ice cream, went down to the beach and took pictures, and I said my goodbyes and returned to the road to come back to Waco...
Happy Birthday, Mom. Know that you are loved and cherished :o)



1 comment:

jess said...

Thats a really nice pic of you and your mom. Its been a while since I have been to a beach. I'm glad you had a good time. It was nice to talk 2 ya.