Saturday, March 25, 2006

Global Night Commute

Hey guys, I want to challenge you all to participate in something that I believe has the potential to have a profound impact on the unjust suffering in our world. I don't know how much you all know about the situation in Sudan and Uganda, but trust me when I say we live in a sheltered country. We're so concerned that all of those close to us are safe and healthy, and we back away from risks that often I believe the Lord is calling us to take. Christ never promised that following Him would be safe. We created that idea. I plead with you to check out invisiblechildren.com, read about the suffering, pray about participating in the Global Night Commute on April 29th, pray about what it is that God is calling you to do in this situation. Tallahassee people, there aren't very many signed up for GNC in your area. Pray about being a part. If you have questions for me, I'll answer what I can. The site explains most things much better than I can. So check it out.
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." ~James 1:27


1 comment:

jess said...

wow............................................What a story