Sunday, December 11, 2005

Let the adventure begin...

I finally finished Captivating last night... good book, let me tell you. I am now reading Understanding God's Will by Kyle Lake. I am excited about reading again. It's something that got shoved to the backburner for the majority of the semester, and it's high time that changed. I've been spending a lot of time in prayer and reading God's word lately, and it is so good. This semester has been rocky in a lot of ways, but I know that God has used it to show me my incessant need for Him to be the One that is in control of my life, rather than myself. I'm totally inadequate for the job. But He surely isn't. I'm excited about next semester, next year, 5 years from now, because I can't wait to discover more of who God is and more of what He has for me. I cannot even begin to describe to You how excited I am.
Only 27 hours (or less if we're lucky) until Alisha's and my roadtrip to the Sunshine State begins. Yay!! I can't wait to be home. And getting to be home for multiple weeks?!? Talk about a luxury. Wow, my heart beats faster just at the thought. I am not looking forward to packing, however. How do you pack for like a month without bringing too much or too little? That is more than overwhelming to me... oh well, I'll figure it out. I wish I could pack Mabel, too. I don't know what I'm gonna do without her for so long... I miss her when I haven't seen her for just a day! But, there again, I miss my family and friends from home all the time, and I still make it. Praise the Lord, He isn't limited to one location at a time.
So, I'm taking bids on who wants to take me to go see Chronicles of Narnia ;)... I've been waiting for it since I saw the previews this summer! So yah, I want to go see it this week if I can. There are a lot of other things I want to do while I'm home, too bad I won't have my car. Poor Belle... stuck at Baylor all by herself for so long. I will miss her. Ok, I am going to make lunch, study,eat, study, read, study,.... etc... etc... Oh, and by the way, any of you who have Cingular that are bored pretty much any time on Tuesday, feel free to call and talk to me and Alisha while we driiiiive.... I love you all, am praying for you, and can't wait to see you!!!

3 comments:

jess said...

Sounds exciting, Tamara. I hope you have a gr8 Christmas break. How long will you be home? Also..I will try to update my blog soon. I have a concert tonight so I might not be able to do it tonight. It is my last concert for the Christmas Season. I will be so glad because then I will have the rest of the holiday season to work on my latest project. I will also be kinda sad though..I love to do anything on a stage in front of people
♥♥♥ ya,
Jessica

Anonymous said...

Tonight I shall do a dance for Tamara...and with not too much Booty in the Pants!!!

I love Tamara!!!

Melinda

Anonymous said...

Um.. Tammy.. I still want my cow. =)

But I love you and can't wait to see you! =D

-Lerah