Friday, September 16, 2005

Katrina Trip

For those of you who didn't read my super long post from earlier this week... I am going with Campus Crusade to Slidell, Louisiana to help with hurricane relief work all weekend. Please keep us in your prayers and remember to pray for all the victims of Hurricane Katrina. I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am about this opportunity to serve these people, to go beyond prayer and financial support and get out there and help through my actions. I know God is going to do amazing things this weekend. We are meeting for departure at 5am today (Friday) and there is a group of 45 of us going (of whom I know one person!). Pray that God will use this trip to open our eyes to who He is and who He has called us to be. Pray that our lives will show that God's unfailing love exists beyond any circumstance. I love you all and wish that you could all share in this opportunity with me. You can though, through your prayers. Prayer is powerful... I think many of us have seen a glimpse of just how powerful it truly is... don't let that glimpse be enough... go for more. Thank you for your prayers.