Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Word

"Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it--he will be blessed in what he does." ~James 1:22-25

I went to a Precept Training this weekend with my roommate Amanda. I was in the two day workshop on "How to Study the Bible". We learned how to really study the Bible and practiced through studying Titus and beginning to study 2 Thessalonians. I cannot tell you how good it was to be in the word. I was so challenged by the truth that people do not know how to study the Bible, and convicted that I have neglected my own study of it. I've been regaining and further developing an immense love for God's word this semester. I want to treasure it and handle it in such a way that acknowledges the authority and power of it. I want to hide His word in my heart, that I might not sin against Him, and might give Him all of the glory that He is due.

1 comment:

Grateful for Grace said...

Yea, you posted!

Ok, super duper to go to a Precept Training! Wowzers. The kiddos and I are doing BSF and getting training on homeletics. Good stuff, this systematic study of God's Word.

Praying for peace as you move to your new stage of life.

hugs,
GfG