Monday, May 26, 2008

In my heart....

I'm in Waco for less than 24 hours, and I'm sitting in my new apartment on my free couch (Thanks, Joel!) listening to music and thinking of how blessed I am. Kenley, Jenna, and Diane came to visit me my last few days in Waco and help me move into my new apartment (You guys are the best, thanks for all of your help!). Then, we convinced my roommate Sarah the day we were leaving that she really did need to come with us. So, we all high-tailed it to Florida so Jenna could make it to her 8:30 am class last Monday. I spent the past week going to Florida and back and it seems like there was little time to sit still. It was surprisingly restful and refreshing, but definitely jam-packed. Here's the rough run-down:
  • Sleep in my own bed
  • Mail-outs for Kenley
  • Dinner with the fam, Surprise visit from Tori, One Tree Hill with Sarah
  • Four doctor appointments and lots of trying on dresses
  • Crispers (so good)
  • Bridal shower for Jessica
  • Definitely, Maybe at Movies 8 and Wendy's at Lake Ella by moonlight
  • Chased my dog down in the neighborhood when he escaped
  • Joined in worship led by a children's choir
  • Zaxby's (Mandatory for Sarah)
  • Babysat a precious little girl
  • Lunch and shopping with Granny
  • Toss-Up, Dominoes, and Some Good Conversation
  • Saw an impressive construction project managed by a friend (you're pretty up there, Dean)
  • Myra Jean's
  • Visited the old and new capitol buildings, and raided the Museum of Arts and Sciences
  • Steak dinner and home videos with the fam
  • Cape San Blas with some cool people (Diane, Kevin, Kyle, Dean, Aaron, Janelle, and, of course, Sarah)
  • Romantic dinner with Sarah at Captain Dave's On the Gulf in Destin (you're the best date, ever)
  • Spent the night with a gracious family
  • Church with Sarah in the car
  • Driving, driving, driving
  • Moe's and Rue 21 Stop
  • Visit Lacey in Highlands
  • Crash at Sarah's in Houston
  • Fresh breakfast prepared by a beautiful woman (mmhmm, Raina's amazing)
  • Searched the new Houston outlet mall for a restroom
  • Starbucks
  • Back in Waco to do some work in the apartment and regroup
Mmhmm, and I leave tomorrow to drive to camp! Yikes.

I have to say, though, that the past week was truly a reminder that God has put incredible people (and awe-inspiring places) in my life and far too often I don't slow down to thank Him for them. I would not be who I am today without the experiences and relationships that God has orchestrated in my life. He is so faithful. So very faithful.

And now, "Being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus" (Philippians 1:6), I will leave you in peace.

No comments: